18 May 2007

F is for Felt, as in Bicycles


Marcie came for a visit on her new bike

6 comments:

  1. I have always LOVED these bicylces!
    However, yesterday I saw a girl riding one and her elbows were sticking out ridiculously! I though she looked so silly! And that banished my desire for the vintage, -flowing skirt in the wind, puppy in the basket- bike
    I'm sure Marcie does not look so silly. unless her elbows have nowhere to go but straight out. :)

    one more thing. I LOVE this:
    "one counter ah ah ah"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I meet you at the Orem Gold's Gym. Do you ever go there? I am a big fan of Rona and her spin classes. (a topic for another day. Today her lips were black. Hmmm. From her latest augmentation. Fantastic teacher.)

    Marcie is whopsy cool. Actually her sweetheart bought the bike for her for Mother's Day. How 'bout that for cool?

    Shame about elbow girl. Can't help some people. ;) And skirts and bikes are a perfect combination. I'll ask C to tell that story here.

    So many cool cruisers out there now. Which is way beyond a good thing. Now we just have to get everyone riding them! C and S have Electras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8th north or fred meyer? Rona's Monday night class?

    She scares me silly. In more ways than one.
    I do love a good spin class though. Kristen C. is my fav.

    I've often thought that I would love to do profiles on my blog of some of my teachers at Gold's. So many of them are so funny or weird or lovely that I would love for my readers (all 5 of them) to have some context when I rant or whine about them randomly. Rona would be hilarious.

    And that bike for Mother's Day? What a lucky girl!
    Unless of course her elbows would make her a risk for other pedestrians, small animals, or stop signs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey katieo, I love your comments.
    Usually I'm on 8th north. I love, LOVE Rona's classes. I'm the nut job that made the gnome etc. for her.
    Agreed--she can be scary. On Friday's black lips (from the pink tattoos!) is a good example. :0 Who wants a hyper-cute-perky-22 year old-vixen singing you through a spin class? Worse are the teachers who either yell, or whisper, random numbers! As in, "OK everyone, now lets go to 3o'clock, now 8... everyone at 3?" What?!
    I go M&F 9:15 & T at 5:15 AM. All the bikes are gone by ten to 5:00 AM!!!
    I've been going to spin classes, for my brain and my body, for 7 months, at least 3 times a week. I haven't lost an ounce. I donno what gives. I'm not stopping though. My food habits don't match my exercise habits yet. I am so much better than I was though!
    Marcie is not a risk, very controlled elbow action! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU'RE behind the gnome?????
    i've always wondered about that!

    hmmm, you are really making me want to try one of her classes again. Maybe I shall. Right now I go Mon. 6 am with Rachel. I call her pip squeak. (she's teeeny, looks 15 and has a squeaky little voice) Not my fav but I get a good workout and have made some friends in the class.

    As far as Kristen goes, She might be the one with the chronic telling-you-what-to-do, (if it is, I haven't noticed) but there ARE three Kristen's...

    Oh, and if you haven't noticed already, I "tagged" you. You may continue to play or decline, it's up to you! thanks again for coming by

    ReplyDelete