07 June 2007

C is for Can't Make This Up.


Recently tried to figure out if I had spelled Guiliani right. Naturally, I googled the name. ("Naturally," as if I have done it all my life.) I decided to read about him in/on Wikipedia. Why is he considered the front runner although everything I have heard about him points to a hot headed, nut job who landed in a huge and terrible leadership role at a pivotal time in our history? Also, is it true that he lived with 2 "gay guys" for a while (Yeah. It was the only furnished appt. available in NYC at the time, for the MAYOR!?); lived with other women besides his wives (3 times! Talk about polygamy.); and his children don't talk to him (Apparently it is not a good relationship. They are not mentioned on his official election site.)?

Went back to Wikipedia tonight and the entry is already quite different. This quote is not there tonight. I retrieved it from a comment I sent. Also missing are the pictures of him in drag. Yes, yes. It was all in fun, I'm sure.

This just makes me laugh! And cry... I am now praying that he will never become the nominee let alone the president!

Ferret Ban

Giuliani vetoed a bill legalizing the ownership of ferrets as pets in the city, saying that legalizing ferrets was akin to legalizing tigers. He sent a memorandum, "Talking Points Against the Legalization of Ferrets," to City Council members saying that ferrets should be banned just as pythons and lions are in the city. Councilman A. Gifford Miller said afterwards that Giuliani's "administration has gone out of its way to invent a ridiculous policy."[111] The editor of Modern Ferret magazine testified that ferrets are domesticated animals who do not live in wild and whose natural habitat is within people's homes. She argued that no case of ferrets transferring rabies to humans ever occurred, and the legalization bill would require ferrets to be vaccinated against rabies as dogs are. She later wrote that at the public hearings proposing to ban ferrets, no citizen or veterinarian ever spoke against ferrets, only representatives from the Department of Health, City Council, and Mayor Giuliani himself.[112]

David Guthartz, founder of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Ferrets, called a radio show Giuliani was hosting to complain about the citywide ban. Giuliani responded:

"There is something deranged about you. ... The excessive concern you have for ferrets is something you should examine with a therapist. ... There is something really, really very sad about you. ... This excessive concern with little weasels is a sickness. ... You should go consult a psychologist. ... Your compulsion about—your excessive concern with it is a sign that there is something wrong in your personality. ... You have a sickness, and I know it's hard for you to accept that. ... You need help."

No comments:

Post a Comment