I found this last week at the Star Flour Mill Antique shop in American Fork. It is for Katie of the Sister Skinny blog. And boy-oh-boy does she deserve it! (Only I wish Snoopy, the Beloved Beagle, were smiling!) Blogging day in and day out! Not eating things, like homemade (husband made!) donuts! Potentially motivating Millions! Courageously posting her weight loss, and sometimes not, every Friday! All while keeping children and sweetheart happy -- and you know they are not following the WW core plan!
Someday I will meet Katieo and give her this in person... if not I'm afraid this behemoth dude, in ironed, massive polo shirts, who works at the Gold's Gym on 8th North, might! (Where does he get those shirts?) I thought I could leave it for her, gift tagged and dolled up in a clever bag, at the counter. Now I don't think that is such a good idea.
He would probably say as she walked past him, after she swiped her own bar code, or more likely, after he held onto hers a creepy bit too long, "Uh, Katie? Wanna renew your membership?"
"No, it expires next Christmas."
"Oh, yeah. I see it does. Yeah. And some crazy lady left this for you. Huh huh huh. I peaked in the bag. That's funny." Then he would hold onto it for a long moment before giving it to Katie, the Award Winner! He is a funky guy, NOT a gym rat, more like a gym capybura or beaver, the very LARGEST of the rodent family. Rona says he is the most complained about Gold's employee in the entire Gold's system!
No, somehow, someway, someday! I must meet Katieo! -- just to give her this well deserved Award.
Here's to you Katie!
Y
Hb
AAAAH! THANK YOU!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!!! Did you know today was my birthday?
I seriously have a lump in my throat.
Oh, I really did laugh out loud when I read about the behemoth dude. Please don't leave it with him and his massive polo shirts. Once I wore my brother-in-law's t-shirt with "mt. caramel high" on the front. Scary man stood up as I was walking out, "hey! HEY! HEEYYY!"
I turned around
"heh heh. did you go to Mt.Caramel?"
me: "no. BIL's shirt."
big man: "oh. Cause I did. -then something that sounded like a laugh gurgle thing- I went there. It was my high school..."
I didn't hear the rest because I was already out the door. (shuddering)
We will meet!
(however, my gym attendance will be sporadic at best. I think I'm developing a sore throat and am getting whatever my baby has.."here mama! Happy Birthday!")
Not to sure of which burly man you are each referring too. . . H we might have to go to the gym together so you can refer me to this wildly weird employee of the gym!
ReplyDeleteSP -- "burly" is too polite. I didn't see him there the other day. Maybe they finally grew a spine and fired the guy. Apparently he SOBS when they tell him about the complaints.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to go to the gym with you!
Now that is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI've always loved how much you love Snoopy.