31 August 2007

S is for Silly Putty.



This is what I'm talking about ... un-boredom busters. How could a kid be bored with 5 pounds of silly putty taking over the house? Get it in bulk, and, if you want, you can buy the little plastic eggs to package it yourself for all your friends! See?! Kids just need a little direction to enhance their constructive play! (gobbly gook gobbly gook gobbly gook.)

FYI: I have to sign about 5 papers a night saying that my child has done what ever it was they were supposed to do. I think this is ridiculous. I am not the teacher. Ya' know? I don't check everything that my boys show me. I'M THE PARENT THAT BUYS SILLY PUTTY! I know my job, and try to do it. I wish the pendulum of parent involvement in a child's school work would swing the other way.

I don't mind helping but a signature is no help at all.

Also, today I spent +$15.00 making double sided copies, 3 hole punched for J's math. What?! What ever happened to binder paper, can't a child draw their own lines? We used to... Think about the environmental impact of the toner, extra paper etc. (Don't get me started on dry-erase boards.)

1 comment:

  1. Z just said, "Where'd she get that silly putty, it's amazing."

    ReplyDelete