08 December 2007

C is for Cookies, for Christmas, that are cool.



This is what a food section should aspire to. It is from San Francisco of course. The tag line reads like a bit of poetry: "Holiday cookies give a nod to the past and a wink to the future." The image is magical and makes you want to pick one up, not run to the lou. As I read the recipe I thought of ways to substitute for the mint (chocolate, almond, vanilla)... the food editor actually INSPIRED me in the kitchen.

Check out the entire food section at sfgate.com.

2 comments:

  1. I must confess, mint cookies sound as heinous as mint cheesecake.

    Better writing, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And aren't they pretty?!

    I just don't dig "mint" flavored anything anymore... Perhaps it was the Altoid mints that Nathan put in the milk when I was pregnant with Margo?

    ReplyDelete