11 December 2007

S is for Show & Tell.

Look what I did on Tuesday! Just a touch of silliness and lovely fun.

The pins spell PAX.
A gal at the Beehive Bazaar made something like this and I liked them -- she didn't want to trade and I didn't want to spend $20. for one, especially since I knew there was a Styrofoam cone waiting for me at home and plenty of cool scraps left over from my Mom's birthday quilt. I threw in some of M's Hello Kitty ribbon, et voila! These will be fun to pull out for Christmas for the next many years.

S & Co. like them as well. Noelle's term "driftwooding" is perfect here. I culled do-dads from long forgotten boxes of Christmas stocking materials. Lately a lot has been going on that is goal directed. Creative projects with a purpose. This was lovely to work on, just because.

In the beginning of The Wind in the Willows (a book that taught me that children's lit. often puts me to sleep...hard for me to finish) one critter is pleased to be not working while everyone else is. The moment a vacation starts... It is also nice when you are to meet someone, the schedule changes and then you have a hour of uninterrupted time to yourself. The house was quiet. The children were working hard at school. Classical music played in the far distant laundry room that was churning out clean clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment