07 December 2007

W is for Willow Tree Toys. Wow.




Some lovely children are getting lovely toys this holiday season from Willow Tree Toys. Insomnia has its up side to be sure ... interruption free internet shopping.

The barn pictured above is not something we are getting. FUD has generously given us a few awesome open-able play architectural structures. This one is just so beautiful. I would want it as a focal point in my family room. The "blue sky" [a dreamy eventuality] plans for a studio/pavilion in our backyard looks slightly similar to this.

J is getting an archery set for Christmas from Willow Tree Toys.

This season is not about getting stuff, although I've done tons of that while decorating the house for the home tour on the 15th... more about that next post. Each of the children is getting a gorgeous snuggly blanket and about one thoughtful toy/item. Many of the items are from Germany. Long before the China + Lead in the toy scare I decided that we have enough. And, as FUD puts it, I decreed 2007 as the year of the "Toy Reduction Act". NO toys for Christmas is cruel and unusual. A few toys are fine. I love toys, it is in my blood. In keeping with the TRA and my heritage I thought I'd steer my shopping towards Willow Tree Toys, HearthSong and my favorite, Magic Cabin Dolls. On Tuesday night S and I went to a sale of German toys, and exquisite blankets that fit the bill.

S & K aren't so much into toys these days. Brilliant, yet bonkers, K is working hard to avoid a lump of coal...

No comments:

Post a Comment