08 January 2008

D is for Deleted comment.

Noelle wrote a great post about getting her children to help around the house. After reading it I ranted... not so cool on her site. Thought I'd post my rant here:

Amen Sister! I have the same &#&$%9248y!!! problem in my house. My new mantra is: HOUSE OF ORDER. I am just so $&^%#T*Y#(*%!!! fed up of doing everything for everybody. I sound an alarm, sort of a funny "Ohohohohoh!" when they drop trash, coats etc on the floor, leave dishes etc. They aren't getting away with anything. I stand over them while they finish a task and chirp, "Once a job you have begun never stop until it's done..." It is making a small difference. And often I am making myself sick and tired; this is not my natural style, but that wasn't working either. :P

3 comments:

  1. Once a job you have begun... I love that saying. I'm going to post it all over my house. I hear ya sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm missing something. Why was it deleted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it going with all those kids? Are your loving words of motherly advice paying off?

    ReplyDelete