05 January 2008

M is for Miracle of miracles.



Due to a shortage of time and energy I didn't explain the miracle... K (12, nearing 13) is using his napkin. Due to his Physiogamy and developmental stages/delays he usually has a lot of food on his mouth, nose, face. No matter how much I prod and nag, no matter how many etiquette books I read to him he, until recently, has NOT used the napkin that I so lovingly leave under his fork, on the left of the plate at every meal.
This is actually far more typical. K is a fantastic brother, helper, friend and young man. I'm crazy about him. He is great to make laugh. He announced today that he doesn't like to eat lamb. They are too smart. He only likes to eat chickens and cows. "Well," I said, "you know what they say..." His eyes flashed, he got it. "You are what you eat!" He laughed and laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment