
This is what is happening at our house this afternoon. AND ... putting away Christmas hullabaloo, finally.
This post was going to be called: S is for Silly Science Sunday. However, that doesn't sound as compelling and obfuscating as the above...
GLOOK

1 cup cornstarch, ½ cup water
Mix all ingredients. Great for squeezing through your hands. You can change the consistency by adding more water, then more cornstarch.
Meanwhile... I am recycling crayons. My class of 4 year-olds had to use broken, old crayons today. That just isn't right. I have an actual crayon making machine but it only makes a few crayons at a time and I want to clear out the bulk of my crayon drawer. I am using a mini-muffin tin. These crayons wind up chunky but are fun and look beautiful in the oven.
My yellow is too thin so I'm going to add more. This reminds me to mention to only use good crayons. Rose Art and other off-brands are mostly wax and don't reconstitute well. I throw those out and only salvage the Crayolas. Also, a while back crayons from China had lead in them, don't want that wafting about your house.

MUFFIN TIN CRAYONS
Makes about 6 crayons: about 3 cups of peeled crayon stubs in a variety of colors, old [NEW works better, mini muffin tins are nicer for little hands] nonstick muffin tin
Place peeled crayon stubs in the muffin tin, filling to ½ inch from the top of each muffin mold. Put muffin tin in 250 degree oven. Turn off heat when crayons have melted, but do not remove tin. Allow oven to cool completely before removing crayons. Tap bottom of tin to make the crayons pop out.

Cool site: http://www.allthedaze.com/science1.html
No comments:
Post a Comment