Dr. Daniel visited last week along with my cousin Vivian (!!!). It was great to see and sorta ski with both of them. Thanks DG for tuckering out your mother. :\
Told Dr. Dan about the exploding squash and then he commented on my wrap that self-imploded. The kids brought up the volcano chocolate cake several years ago (the picture haunts me from the pages of the cook book). Now I found this gem. I made the cake last August for J's 10th. It might have been a mess but everyone loved it. Except for Steph's cakes and cupcakes, the rule is: the uglier the better.
2008 has been declared the NO COOKIE year. A dr. pointed out to me that even one extra cookie (100 cal ea.) eaten everyday, would wind up adding 5 lbs over the course of a year. And, he added, few people eat only one cookie at a time. This is not a dieting blog. I will not go on about this. Just to say... I took down the +5 cookie recipes hanging in the pantry; I caught his drift. Everyone does appreciate homemade cookies on ski days and they are major barter in school lunches. I made the healthiest (wholewheat, oatmeal, applesauce, chocolate chip) I could for Dr. D & V, J & DFM's ski day. Also I packed several extra in S, K, & N's lunches. Perhaps 1 batch a month is do-able. K has Valentine cookies in mind.
TRUE TALE: K was at lunch. His school gives out vegetables, free, to all the students. He and a friend of his like to trade vegetables. K asked, "Have you had one of my mom's cookies?"
"No."
"Here."
Munch. Munch. "I'll trade you my broccoli for another one."
Wow good job K! Smart kid!
ReplyDelete