17 February 2008

Valentine Special: Fashion Report




Today S is featured in her amazing Valentine ensemble. For me it was like the first day of Kindergarten except that she chose everything. From the spiny skirt on the yellow, pink and red patterned dress, to the green t-shirt, to the stand-out yellow tights, WITH the subtle show shoes, in patten red leather. Hmmm mmmm. She is a very fine Valentine. But (!) the ensemble needed something on top... she dove into her closet and pulled out the coolest cropped and most perfect pink leather jacket from Jody. (Thanks again Jody!) Wow.

With clothes this great a girl wants to be seen. She wore it to school and the boys were tripping over themselves in the halls. On a little shopping trip with me a certain cashier kept glancing her way. At night we went to the Louw's incredibly fun Valentine dance. S was the best dressed there.

On the not so fashion savvy side, seen on the Sundance slopes:

I am wearing my mother's 1960's vintage fur hat. Perfect day. Warm, but funky hat. Wanted to show Julie (see the fashion post for 2.10.08). Also, my deepest apologies to Dan Piraro and his beautiful wife.
DFM kept thinking that someone was going to throw paint on me and this vintage chapeau. I wouldn't have blamed them if they had. They would've needed more paint though... at the deli/shop out side the grill a thin blond woman was wearing a very new fur scarf, complete with tails. That was way beyond necessity of a warm coat or hat, or even mom's funny furry hat.

When M saw me in the hat she jumped and ran to her dad!

Speaking of Bizarro:

2 comments:

  1. !!! i love stella's style, i love your hat and i LOVE that cartoon because reuben DID indeed give me a pile of barf for valentines!!! but it was sort of my fault because I gave his the biggest turkey heart I could find. . and he ate it too fast. . . so I guess I can take the puke as a sign of love? like when my pony would bite me when I was a girl and my mom told me thats how they kiss? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute fashion post! i actually don't mind vintage fur. whaddya gonna do? the animal was dead before you were even born?

    love the comic.

    ReplyDelete