



Hey WOW. I'm cleaning stuff out and have filled up our Garage! Also stuff from our office... come check it out. Saturday 26 April 2008 7:00-1:00
That is Hailey O'harrah~the Dummy. Ugh. My mum bought her for me about 25 years ago and she has been haunting me ever since. I might just keep her just to keep her haunting my kids. She freaks S out.
Charming.
I hired Marie Ricks to help me organize my home/family. (see earlier posts for more details about that.) Perhaps we really need counseling but this is a start. She is really fantastic and pointed out a lot of interesting things. One of the many things she suggested I do is get rid of half my stuff. Go to DI twice a week. Less stuff means less to clean. AMEN to that.
I was going once a week and was about to give away some nice things. I didn't grow up having garage sales. I've never had one before. Then it occurred to me that this is a great exercise for the kids. Now we are all into it. Suddenly I could throw our that 25 year old creap-o-rific doll that happens to share my first name! (I have no clue why else my mom bought me that thing. I have no NO interest in ventriloquism. When I moved out it didn't move with me. EVER.)
With new eyes I saw all the extra winter hats, lunch boxes, clothes etc. that we have stashed away. Antique things, old doors. Baby blankets that need to be (crochet) edged, that I'm not going to do. Expensive gifts that I've never wanted yet had to keep. A lot is new and I could get some money for it. In the past I medicated myself with toys, and too many toys for my children Ugh... hopefully I am growing out of that a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment