15 May 2008

G is for Great Wall of CHINA!!!






C is older than a 'coon's age and wrote the following to me, "Not doing so well health wise. Don't know why. The pollution is effecting my throat--losing my voice. Aches and pains just below serious thresholds. I will stay in the hotel and rest tomorrow when the others go to the Great Wall."

I couldn't believe that. I was just completely floored. I wrote back: YOU SLITHER THERE AND YOU SLITHER BACK.DON'T YOU DARE MISS THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA WITH S!!!

I also called him at about 2:30 in the morning his time. :)

Today I received this email:
Yesterday the Great Wall and Ming Tomb and an uprising on the tour bus to fight the forced stops at jade factories, and "pearl markets." They keep taking us to these tourist traps on the way. We tell them that we do not want to go and oh man! we learn something about the Chinese tour industry. There is huge pressure from the system to take us to these traps. I spent most of the day on the phone yesterday trying to get our group out of going to a pearl market planned for tonight (coming up still). The battle is not over.

We had dinner with the designer of the Beijing Olympic Logo last night. He specially gave a signed copy of his logo on a pin to S.

2 comments:

  1. N says, "S! You look Funny!"

    Your picture made him smile. He is feeling sorta blue these days... his implant isn't working quite right and we don't have an apt. until the 23rd.
    AND! He is missing you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great info to know.

    ReplyDelete