17 July 2008

E is for Ettiquette OR L is for Late OR T is for Tardy Thanks.

That's kinda a Rocky & Bullwinkle title. This post is not about new furniture or cute clothes... just cleaning up and posting so that I can remember what I said/did. ---> BORING for most.

In May 07 I went to SF and visited 2 schools for deaf children: The Auditory Oral School of San Francisco. (Man, I wish I could dot that "i" with a heart!) at 1234 Divisidero, 94115 and also the Jean Wiengarten Peninsula Oral School for the Deaf in Redwood City
I have finally written those thank you notes. Late is better than never. Here it is, each modified slightly:
Hello ML & KS, Hello JC,
It was a pleasure to tour your program in May 2007 (!) I have wanted to write since to say thank you for sharing your insight, experiences and inspiration. I have also wanted to write something grans and glorious about progress in Utah. Things are progressing and your examples are making a difference -- so without waiting another day [or getting detrailed by a cancelled house tour, IEP mtgs, traveling to SLC for speech, dealing with USDB, job changes, 5 children...] I want to write and tell you: THANK YOU!

The foundation that I started (Journey to Hear, to help deaf/HH children in Utah County) with 2 other mothers has been stalled for a variety of reasons. One mother moved to Logan (2 1/2 hours North) to join Karl White's new program [Sound Beginnings].

Recently we decided to pull our daughter (4) out of Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind, hoping she will make more progress in a regular (hearing) pre-school rather than in the fractured USDB program. These decisions are hard to make and life interrupts...

Thank you again for taking time to talk with me, letting me tour your facilities, watch your enthusiastic teachers and especially for sharing your experience with me.
Sincerely,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment