Last Wednesday C turned over the business to the general manager, who was chomping at the bit to be known as "Mr. President." Often feelings of respect, and the lack of it, are reciprocal. A deal was struck and we are now 100% outta there. There is some financial baggage (less than what it could have been) and there is (a lot) of physical baggage. 14 years of work, collecting, saving, creating, receiving is difficult for one house to digest.
My feelings are torn between elation that we are out of there, dismay over the state of our affairs (Our house is not a house of order at the moment. Grrr. And it was so close!!! My studio! Sniffle sniffle.). I am happy that I personally am not responsible for anyone else's poor financial judgments and arrogantly hoping the future of the company continues on its grim path. Quotes, scriptures and sayings about pride, revenge, the natural man race through my thoughts. Not knowing who reads this blog, I need to leave it at that.
While thinking about all of this I was struck with the fact that a "natural man" is a very different thing from a "natural woman." Hmmm.
Whoa! I am back to blogging, and I click on your Letter of the Day and read this post. What? Shall we rent a giant U-haul and move to another state? Wannou? I'm ready! I think we both know where we would go, which is why we could rent one together.
ReplyDeleteHi Julie!
ReplyDeleteLET'S GO! I'd just like to play with you even for one day. I now have an amazing stash of paper. Gotta get to playing, I mean working!
Thanks for reading.
:)
H