I appreciate you [the director of M's school] sending this to me!
In many ways it confirms my anxieties about her. For my sake I'm going to outline them:
1) She is impulsive... firing people left, right and center isn't always the best policy. Is it a policy? Is this reason? What have been the results of those actions? 6 months, 2 years down the road? A modest state jet, in a state like Alaska, kinda makes sense to me. I don't understand firing the people hired to protect her and her family, especially after she fired/exposed so many people.
2) Would a barracuda, even an attractive one, make a good counselor to the president, a VP or president? How does a barracuda deal with health care, the enormous budget deficit, terrorists, education (elementary and higher), natural disasters, immigration, congress/senate, states (domestic and foreign), etc.? Today she insinuated that the US might have to go to war with Russia. Just a biting threat like that could have monstrous consequences.
3) What are Her family values? As a Mormon, I have been taught and I believe, that while my children are young the most important job as a woman is raising them, myself. As you know, in this day while trying to give our children what they need, we can get very distracted. Sometimes it is as much work to stay with the young children/adults as it is to fight/go to work for them, which often, though well intended, actually neglects the children. Is she delegating that responsibility to her husband? I don't feel that her children's place is in the oval office. She didn't hesitate to accept the VP invitation. This baffles me--especially with the many issues that face her family.
Blah blah blah. (Everyone is talking--I'm no different.) What I dislike the most is the TONE that is coming from McCain's camp, with Palin being cast in the lead role... that of divisions, "my-way-or-the-highway", pettiness; it wasn't like this prior to 29 August. Their idea of Change is stolen from Obama and is kinda scary. This is the opposite of democracy and it is dangerous.
I've checked this out on snopes.com and it is legit (as is the Wildman Ranch letter). Here is a link to another Alaskan's perspective:
http://www.thepresidentialcandidates.us/about-sarah-palin-a-letter-from-anne
Thanks for listening!
M LOVES! your school! If politics jeopardizes our relationship in any way I'd much rather just leave it on our desktops. I appreciate all that you do for the children, M especially.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment