This is not for lunch, or dinner, or even a treat. Short while back we went to the Utah State Fair... had to buy one of these: a deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich. No one liked it and it was tossed. Everyone was glad to have tried it. The stand where they made these, and deep fried Oreos and Snickers too, was sick. The employees looked as if they lived on these things. Their clothes were covered in slime and sugar.
Today, after a conversation with Avram G. and Karen C. in NYC last Saturday, I thought I'd start a list (see side bar) of what sort of things I put in the children's lunches, C's too.
C's lunches are tricky: they often go uneaten. I think it is a guy thing... one friend refuses to make lunch for her husband. Another used to until she found it in the Trash! He didn't want to tell her that he didn't like whatever it was she made! Then they spend dough on take-out or dine-in, while we have the crusts of PB & Js... that is a raw deal.
My kids are strangely popular at lunch time. It is one way I can connect with them and they can connect with their chums. I often pack extra so that they can share.
I don't know you but I like you!
ReplyDeleteI like you too! Liked your comments on Noelle's blog.
ReplyDeleteThe world seems so crazy today... it is nice to know there are a few nice people out there!