
C and I recently went to NYC. It was a dream. Stayed at a friend's palatial brownstone and actually slept! (Not something I do very well at home.) This is one of our souvenirs, bought all they had which was only 2. I am contemplating buying a button maker, my pal Robin just bought one for this purpose. The two that I bought are GONE! as are the Obama bumper stickers, yard signs and t-shirts that I've had!
Last night's debate: I feel more strongly that Palin is a phony, rehearsed, styled, under-educated, unfit mother and very unfit VP choice. Her pasted on smile and the mean glint in her eye at times was unnerving. Her colloquialisms and phony phrases, "Can I call you Joe?" and then later, "Say it ain't so Joe." She had that one in her pocket to use later in the debate. Biden chuckled, ah ah ah. Oh, she is so clever. Never heard that one before...
And the wink? Ugh.
S asked, "Why is her hair down and why is she wearing a silky suit--at a vice-presidential debate?" One word my dear, and don't forget the stilettos, "SEX." It sells and she was working it.
I loved Biden's comback at the end. He is a Father. He has gone through a lot as a father. It is a job he takes seriously. Palin has Nothing on parenthood or the lifestyles of ordinary people. Her style of parenting, and the results, truely make me sick.
I am, more than ever, an Obama Mama and, though it doesn't rhyme quite as well, C is an Obama Papa (<--- awkward...).
i really wish follow-up questions could have been asked. palin, then, would have run out of rehearsed material and talking points.
ReplyDeletei also hated how rushed the debate felt--moving quickly from one question to another was to palin's advantage.
overall, i found her folksiness clownish and satirical. at one point--after one of her winks--i laughed out loud in disbelief.
if i lived next door to her, i'd probably find her a congenial (if kind of trashy) neighbor. I really wouldn't want my kids consorting with hers. the teens, at least, seem like really bad influences. just sayin'. but does she deserve to be vp?!? the thought is chilling.
i loved being with you guys in ny!
ReplyDeleteLove the pin....even though I'm not an Obama Mama. I don't know what I am this year. And...love the lunch list! Thanks for some inspiration. I get a little boring sometimes when packing!
ReplyDelete