01 November 2008

Below are 2 interesting links. One from Ron Howard and the other from Ralph Stanley.
This post is meant to explain to some family/friends/neighbors why I'm voting for Obama.

Dear Friends,

My pal Zina B. sent me an odd link to a CNN video of Peruvian Shamans supporting Obama. This reinforces the fact many around the world are looking to America for change towards a more diplomatic approach to the many issues that face our planet, not just our neighborhoods. Truly, it is an odd endorsement.

Today I saw/heard 2 other endorsements for Barack Obama. One is Ralph Stanley, the legendary bluegrass musician. The other is Ron Howard (actor/director). They are both, calm, reasoned, serious about issues and do not attack McCain or Palin. While light hearted, they are dignified. They present facts.

These endorsements only state a case, with clarity -- actors/musicians are mere people. I believe Pa (Andy Griffith) is right, "People are funny. Sometimes change scares 'em. They'd rather keep doing the same ol' thing that's been messing them up than change to the thing that could help them."

As puzzling as I find a vote for the Republicans this year, after some of the worst 8 in the history of the United States of American, (ending with a Republican sponsored $700 Billion bailout of mostly corporations) some find my support for Obama equally unbelievable.

I appreciate his calm, steady and conservative demeanor, his emphasis on personal responsibility, his devotion to his family, his incredible story and many accomplishments, his dignity. His campaign has been very well managed. He is not calling McCain a communist, socialist, or linking him to fringe associates, or Palin's experience or family--all of which call into question a favorable view of the Republican ticket in 2008. ... There you have it: My reasons.

Here are the links:
Ron Howard: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/cc65ed650d/ron-howards-call-to-action-from-ron-howard-and-henry-winkler

Ralph Stanley's radio ad: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ralph+stanley+obama+ad&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

Best wishes,
H
Utah County

No comments:

Post a Comment