Here is a little shout-out to my Mum. Her mother used to call people grand and that is just what my mother is, grand. These are two recent pictures... one with her gal pals. She was learning how the timer on her camera works. I think that is an award winning picture. Great smiles and rhythm to the picture, punctuated by the glasses and sun glasses! I love that she is getting into digital photography... now if I can help her get an slick little Apple computer...
I took the picture on top while on our beach adventure. Gama wanted to sit out the sand castle building and watch. Everyone kept running up to her showing her the latest broken shell find, or seaweed covered goo, while their pants were falling down. She was cute and encouraging.
My mom. Someone should write a song about her... oh wait, Tony Bennett has sung and recorded one! Check it out on the Playground CD.
My mother has a lovely sense of adventure and style. The other day I thought the bag/purse on the seat at the restaurant was Gama's (+49) but it was S's (16 years old)! My mother bought it for herself but it was a bit too big so she generously donated it to the SSL Fashionista Fund. The jacket, wool, cropped, she was wearing a few weeks ago was also covet-able. I have NEVER met anyone who is as willing to go see, do, expore and area or idea. This is inspiring to me. She never stops learning, and laughing.
i feel the same way about your mom. she still looks fantastic, btw.
ReplyDelete