Maybe I've posted this before... this is THE gingerbread recipe. We made them and printed on pink paper the recipe for M's preschool classes as a very belated birthday treat.
M’s Favorite Christmas Birthday
GINGERBREAD RECIPE
This is the best, and easiest, recipe that we have tried, and we have tried MANY. It is also good to use for gingerbread architecture. The consistency of the dough is like soft clay. It rolls out nicely. This dough tastes great too, not too spicy.
Preheat oven to 350º Use parchment paper on cookie sheets.
Heat to boiling point:
1 cup molasses
Add:
1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons milk
Mix:
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt, maybe a little less
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ginger, powered
Add molasses mixture to flour mixture blend well.
Roll out the dough about 1/4 inch thick, or thinner, and cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters or a sharp knife. Bake for 5-7 minutes. YUM!
Architecture tip: Cut pieces out of uncooked dough for houses--don’t roll out a slab of gingerbread, cook it and then cut out the pieces, this wastes a lot of dough. If the dough gets hard, reheat it for about 10 seconds in the microwave. It is an easy recipe to quickly make several batches of ... for growing projects. I have doubled this recipe, because there are never enough cookies.
M&H
2009
Thanks for the recipe. I'm excited to try it. I love the fine cooking magazines too. :)
ReplyDeleteK