20 January 2009

YES!!!

President Barack Hussein Obama.

That sounds great! I love that he kept his middle name for the inauguration. 48 years ago the world was a very different world. I hope that the modern Muslim world will appreciate the courage it took to keep that middle name, as an American. (I love that a kind and gentle Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.) I love that Americans, 80%, support him, even if they didn't vote for him. I love that he inspires us to be better, do more, look more deeply.

As a family we are keeping a "Golden Rule" calendar to record the service we do. Last night for FHE I read his letter to his girls to SKJN & M. So far it is doors open and sharing juice boxes, cheerfully helping around the house.

Loved the music at the ceremony! "Yo-Yo Ma along with Itzhak Perlman on violin, Gabriela Montero on piano and Anthony McGill on clarinet performed the new work composed by John Williams, 'Air and Simple Gifts.'" Aaron Copeland's, "Simple Gifts" was so perfect! Piano, clarinet, cello and violin! The poetry was great but the reading was odd. As if the punctuation was. Off.

ONWARD.

Cheney looked like a sick and twisted, iniquitous, feeble, decrepit Voldemort. Hope time reveals his crimes and that he is alive to receive his judgment... he will eventually. Bush looked like he had another good night of sleep (The former :) president always went to bed at 9:30?! No wonder were are in such a mess.) -- how did the country elect him TWICE?

ONWARD.

3 comments:

  1. remember, the country did not elect Bush twice. the supreme court awarded Bush the presidency in 2000, and if you remember there were lots of protests that punctuated Bush's inauguration in dc. it was a VERY DIFFERENT mood at his inaugural. not so much goodwill, let's just say. i like your ONWARDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just posted as Stella! how weird is that. it's writermama.

    --writermama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheney...Voldemort....You're funny! Love it.

    ReplyDelete