N, C & M told some lovely jokes tonight at the AG Bell Speech Fair. It was cute and they did a good job. C & N wore nifty bow ties, just to be funny. The theme was sports. There was NO way I was going dressed as an enthusiast of spin.
All the children who performed tonight were amazing.
Becky White called me repeatedly to see/make sure we'd be there. We were and even Devan and Gama joined in the fun. Turns out Mr. Tim Smith (:P USDB Superintendent) made an announcement that USDB is going to build a NEW building for USDB/South, under the able direction of Marilyn Madsen! Turns out the Alpine School Dist., (under the assistant-superintendent's direction Mr. ROB Smith, Tim's son) has arranged for USDB to use the land that it has used for +20 years at Orem Elementary. (Michelle & I suggested that brilliant idea about 4 years ago only to be told that the then Lame-o SuperInt. didn't allow Alpine to talk to parents. So Alpine Sc. Dist. (Rob Smith) stopped talking to us.) Gee wow?!
The description of the future building sounded like he was reading the letter I wrote to the state big wigs and also the J2H Vision Statement. No one besides Tim, Marilyn, the Alpine School Dist & the State Legeslature were given any credit. It will be modular. Opening next September. Oooh ahh. Grand.
Wash my hands of it. I do wonder if Becky wanted me there to hear that. Later when I cordially congratulated Mr. Smith and he cleverly demurred to Marilyn, who Kim Saul [Didn't she retire from USDB?] called the best USDB Pre-school director in the state. (She is the only one with that title.)
Next year K, J, N & M will be going to Walden! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that all goes well. Another year of 5 children & 5 schools/ways will pretty much do me in.
No comments:
Post a Comment