09 June 2009

L is for Landing.


Made this pen and gave it to C's scout leader who was in the hospital. I keep visiting the craft outlet for
more birds but Noelle probably beat me to them! Sigh.

√ = LANDED/DONE. Marie Ricks says that projects have 3 parts: Launching, Doing and LANDING. Most people forget to land. They make a list, go to the grocery store and then don't get around to putting all the groceries away, all the way. {I'm guilty.} Since I finished the tops of the iSpy quilts I have been concentrating on Landing all the unfinished, uncleaned up piles around this house -- creative & business relics. Soon I hope to remove the Project List on the sidebar. Summer is a great time to Land.

√ Fix huge pile of clothes on chair. Marie Ricks says this is a good evening project: wind down/boring. Don't waste good daytime hours.
√ I Spy quilts for SKJNM. Assemble.
√ The New bathtub is ordered and installed, well, almost installed. Need to order a tub filler.
√ Garden tilled
[] Garden 100% planted
√ Home-y garden for a Gnomie planted. Used clay remnants &

√ Bunny pen! Complete with lovely new floppy eared Coco, seen here with M & M, her adorable KV friend. Thanks C! It is perfect!

[] Photo albums!
√ Clean/organize up toys/fabric/quilt scraps in guest room, music room, dining room. Oh please, just make them "tidy."
[] Clean up toys, guest room, music room, dining room. Does this kind of job ever land?
[] Studio, make it work. Work in it.
[] Clean up & USE clay area. Magnet board stands, more small sculptures. Play.
√ M's Stick Horse!!! Her's is the one with the big white mane. Each child has one and there is one for a friend, made by a friend.

√ Messed with some BEEs! (reference to favorite movie the Point) We have a lovely bee hive. Now I have to land registering with the state.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your stupid facebook thingy wasn't working because it brought me back to your blog, which I love and haven't seen for a while. I didn't mean to sound flippant about your to-do list--it made me laugh because it reminded me of my to-do list, and because i am always launching, seldom landing. That's what i meant about it making me tired--it makes me tired to have too many things on my to-do list that aren't done. Also, love Marie Ricks and need to utilize her ideas more.

    xo,

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lara! So glad you wrote! I was feeling like a total dork about that post on FB. You didn't sound flippant -- on FB that post made it look like I accomplished everything in a day, whereas on my blog that list had been up for AgEs. Cool that you like Marie Ricks. I won't ever be her when I grow up but she has helped me see things more clearly. Recently I've been dwelling on not launching anything new, my mantra is: Land.Land.Land.

    Soon I want to post a bit about why I'm not more creative... truly. I don't accomplish creatively/productively what I want to. This will include a picture of 2-18 year old wedding gifts my mum just delivered... golden tureens, one with a duck head/body lid.

    Would love to get together somehow!

    ReplyDelete