Sorry to read you won't be there...but a mum of six (??is this right??) needs her R&R. Enjoy!
Hailey October 22 at 8:53pm
Thanks for the info. Cool that you've kept up with Hamlin kin. I only have five... you sound like my dad, he always says "How many do you have now? Ten?"
Melissa October 22 at 8:55pm
I was on the Alumnae Board for a couple years....very fun actually. Five--I am so jealous!
HaileyOctober 22 at 8:13pm
Do you live in SF?
Growing up I knew a lot of older women who had 1 or 2 children and told me they regretted they didn't have more. That left an impression on me. The only person I knew with more than 3 was Paula Mc. who I thought was a bone fide automaton nut. 5 is often more work than I realized it would be, especially since I'm kinda a lazy loner. (Lazy when it comes to housework. It depresses me.) Things are clearing out though, this is a pivotal year. S (oldest, 17) is a senior in HS and M (youngest, 5) is in kindergarten. They are cool, sweet kids. My husband is one of 10-12 (2 died at birth). He would have been fine with 2. His parents ARE nutters and didn't ever master the parenting thing. He says they followed the squid model, very "hands" off. He wants to be a penguin.
Growing up I knew a lot of older women who had 1 or 2 children and told me they regretted they didn't have more. That left an impression on me. The only person I knew with more than 3 was Paula Mc. who I thought was a bone fide automaton nut. 5 is often more work than I realized it would be, especially since I'm kinda a lazy loner. (Lazy when it comes to housework. It depresses me.) Things are clearing out though, this is a pivotal year. S (oldest, 17) is a senior in HS and M (youngest, 5) is in kindergarten. They are cool, sweet kids. My husband is one of 10-12 (2 died at birth). He would have been fine with 2. His parents ARE nutters and didn't ever master the parenting thing. He says they followed the squid model, very "hands" off. He wants to be a penguin.


No comments:
Post a Comment