10 March 2010

FB re: tie dye tights on CRAFT magazine -- H's rant.


H: LOVE TIE DYE TIGHTS!!! Ah, Courtney ... I am just so sick of trying to turn my eyes away. If I never see another skanky, aggressive tattoo, 4" of saggy cleavage, butt cracks, butt cheeks, disfigured ears, nose/lip/eyebrow rings, that will be a-o.k with me. Also tired of trying to explain to my 6 year old daughter why/how/where people get pierced. Sorry, I'm pretty progressive, but I'm really sick of all the collective "individuality."
L. Norris 
You waste a lot of energy on hating the things that people use to feel good about themselves. Sure, none of that is my taste but I don't see the need for judging them i.e. "skanky" or "aggressive". Women hating on women over personal style is disgusting to me.

So you're "tired of trying to explain to [your] 6 year old daughter why/how/where people get pierced." Seems pretty simple to me: "That's what they like, Darlin'. It makes them feel good/pretty/confident/happy/strong". Simple as pie.

R.B. well said. leslie. :)

M.D. Thanks Leslie...couldn't say it any better!
 
Also love the tights! At almost 57 I would definitely wear them!

H: Hey wow. I don't hate on anyone. I do LOVE how everyone looks naturally, really. I see a lot of children and adults hurting all over this country, and world, who could use some of the expressive pocket change & constructive energy ... just makes me wonder. Now, back to peace and tie dye. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment