The Letter of the Day
19 March 2010
Mr. Rogers, the Beloved and Missed.
--> FACEBOOK CONVERSATION <--
ML: I am looking OH SO ATTRACTIVE with tissues stuffed up my nostrils. Gotta love spring colds/allergies/whatever it is.
H: Ha! I was just wondering, sadly (C has a fire going), if I could slither up the stairs unnoticed. My puffy eyes, runny nose and blotchy skin must look so lovely. I've been crying -- reading about Mr. Rogers! Meanwhile, my kitten allergies have kicked in. I HAD to teach Miss M how to hold the sweet, furry, purring kitty! For a long time ... As Mr. Rogers would say to You, "I love you just the way you are!" -- I say it too M!
about an hour ago
·
ML: Well aren't you just sweet (as are the furry, purring kitties). But why have you been crying over Mr. Rogers?
38 minutes ago
H: Oh, I LOVE Mr. Rogers! I've been looking for something for a very special young man's 15th (!) birthday next Friday ...
The more I read about Mr. Rogers the more I admire him. He was a man of complete integrity & humility, & unlike so many famous men, he was consistent & true his entire life. He cared passionately for children & what is Best for their positive growth; this is so sorely lacking in 2010. If K would have Mr. Rogers as a role model & not men with tricked out names like: Tiger, Jay-z or Jesse James, if he is 9/10ths like Mr. Rogers, I will die a happy mother.
When Mr. Rogers passed away K & I cried together.
I'm actually surprised at how strongly I feel for him. Just read that he showed up in Eddie Murphy's dressing room at Saturday Night Live when EM was making fun of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood (with drug addicts etc.). When EM saw him, naturally he swore [great] and, naturally, Mr. Rogers hugged him.
I see a lot of Christ's example in him, the humility, intelligence, deep spirituality & love of children.
(Hey, thanks for a blog post here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment