I do love the alphabet. I have reverence for all 26 letters. That's why I am saddened that the thoughtful letter W has been so liberally assigned to our current president. What did the letter W ever do to deserve such a fate? W is a great letter. Life, and literature, would be so dull without it. W gives us: Why? Where? When? and Who?! They all share the W's noble genetic makeup.
Go see this and Weep and Wail: dubyaspeak.com
I appreciate that W is not the moniker they use for George Walker Bush. "We record the damage." How sad.
H: This is a really cool blog. I am proud of you for doing this. The missing W entry is such a nice piece of writing and I really miss seeing the W.
ReplyDeleteOf course, I am biased and happy that others can see some of the wonderful little things you do on a daily basis.
-C
You are sweet!
ReplyDeleteHugs & squishes to you in NYC.
H
I have been guilty of disrespecting the noble W by using it as shorthand for a not-so-noble fella whose home we passed recently: here
ReplyDeleteDuh. Bad copy/pasting. Lemme try that link again.
ReplyDeletesneering at W