01 May 2007

L is for LETTERMAN! This is it, man.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3fW1tv8Sw

It is plain that I love letters and this is probably one of the many reasons why: the 70's TV show THE ELECTRIC COMPANY! (Also, my mother subscribed to a great magazine called U&lc.) I loved that show. My older brother loved Star Trek. It was a daily battle.

The Adventures of Letterman! One Halloween C dressed as Letterman! Now I realize that the Letterman! of my childhood wore a football helmit and NO cape, very progressive for a super hero.

I'm not quite as tech savy as I'd like to be so I'm not sure if this is going to work... If it doesn't, and even if it does, go to you Tube and search for The Electric Company. It is a lot of fun. Several seasons of the show are (easily) available on DVD. SKJN&M (and C&H too!) love to watch them.

Why is it so difficutlt to create great Chidren's programming these days? Compare the subtle humor and simple art to the humorless, pedantic and hyper styized Barney, Dora; even Sesame Street is so tech heavy that it lost a lot of its magic. Have you watched Journey to Ernie lately? UG.

2 comments:

  1. I used to love electric company too. I sent them a poem once. Julie is a flower that blooms every hour and has such great power. I can't remember the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >My older brother loved Star Trek. It was a daily battle.

    A battle which I won

    ReplyDelete