
RECYCLING FACTS
My Pal Julie asked me about recycling glass and overflow, here is my reply and a little more:
If you have overflow call the recycling co. I've had a little luck with that. I've also hailed down the truck, stood on the street and reloaded the can. The fellow waited for me and then hauled the stuff off. I cheerfully waved and he grumbled back.
I was in SF/Oakland and they have a lovely compost system. EVERYTHING can go in it.
Glass? I have no idea. Sundance recycles their own... but they don't want mine, I've asked. Perhaps we need to recycle ours, you know, build a glass furnace, blow our own glasses, etc. Perhaps we could crush it all up and make glass glitter? Not such a great idea....
h-
ReplyDeletei love that you are such a great recycler.
i love that you are painting too! especially glitter! i love the wallpaper sites you posted.
i love love you plates.
and most of all i love you and all those around you. i leave for peru in a week and a half but would love love LOVE to see you all when i'm back in sept!!!
xoxo
z
p.s. viva alfalfa!
PERU? Will you be para gliding in Peru?
ReplyDeleteSept. sounds good. Our house is pretty much shut down right now.
Glad you liked the wallpaper sites. I didn't take the time to link them. (This blog business takes so much time!) I found the paper I want today, only $350 a double roll... I should get 3. It is flocked! And green! Ha ha!
I have hired a interior designer to reign me in... Can I put yellow horizontal stripes on this wall, glitter on the ceiling and a disco ball in the entry?! Please? Oh please?! Um, the glitter yes, since it goes with the counter, the stripes? No. That is just too much.
Have a great time. I'll save some glitter from you :)
Thanks for the update on recycling. My garage is filling up. We may have to move soon! I love your idea to recycle our own glass. Glitter! Okay.
ReplyDelete