11 August 2007

J is for Julie T reading.


This is my pal Julie T. She is reading her prose at our friend Christian's house in Provo. Christian organized the Salon. The entire combination was a rare treat. (Thank you Christian!) Alex Caldiero was also there. C used to perform with him, until family obligations put the kibosh on that effort.

Julie's stories were a lot of fun to listen to. Great flow. The location in the story just seemed so real. As if I was there! Hey, I WAS!

Tangent: haven't seen the doll but a new American Girl Doll is coming out soon. A 9 year old girl, growing up in San Francisco, in the 1970's. How odd. I was there too!

Going through papers on several tables and desks and tubs in my studio... just found a few notes from that night:
Duane C did a great job talking about his art. Which I appreciated because it was created out of the creative "freak out." To use Duane's term. He apologized too much though, which is sort of endearing but not necessary. I don't care what he paints on or with, I liked the Work. Again, is it the content or the craft? Is he doing crafts? Hmmm. That subjugation is usually reserved for women...

They are recording.
Wow. Huge sound.
Would Christian want the sound hard? w/o carpet? [Yes. And the carpet was u-g-l-y!]
Isolating sound to control it?
This sounds more like a recording in a cathedral.

I'll have to excavate my printer/scanner so that I can scan some of the images that I drew while I listened that night. Alex was especially fun to draw as he had a drum in front of his face, making his head the circle that so many heads start out as in drawings.

1 comment:

  1. wow, i made it into letteroftheday!

    But halfway through your report I got all tripped up by your AG Doll newsflash, and now I can't think of anything else. wow.

    I would LOVE it if you scanned your sketch book images and uploaded them.

    --writermama

    ReplyDelete