

This is what our family room looked like on a good day. A good day looking bland and bad. The punching bag was a nice touch. The slipcovers are covering a multitudes of crime, grime and sins. Sharpee markers used by frustrated boys. Gashes in the fabric. Dog smells and stains. Also they are just not that comfortable. This room was not an inviting place to socialize or just sit.
really? those couches aren't comfortable? they look very comfortable in the photo. what do you want to do to your familly room?
ReplyDeleteIs that a cello in the corner? :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and is that your kitchen table on the right with the red chairs? PLEASE do take closeups, I've always wanted to vintagey retroy table like that (if It's what I'm imagining) but could never find one that sat more than 4...
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm afraid the pictures make the room/furniture look better than reality. One sofa had a huge gash down the middle of it. The rug was blah and small. I'm slow on posting, (about to tackle Christmas) I'll try to post afters soon.
ReplyDeleteDetails: Yes that is K's cello in the corner! He needs a new one! Durn kid, he's a growin' like a weed.
The chairs are from Target. I don't know if they still sell "Lucy" chairs but if you email Target they will give you the source. Red + GLITTER. The table is a remnant piece of marble and a unfinished furniture store base.
Katieo Come visit! Any day any time, it is always that neat and tidy. ;)