14 June 2008

C is for COLLECTIONS.






My friend, and new mother of a beautiful baby boy, LHA mentioned once that her beloved brother collects silica packets. She asked if she could have one of mine. Sure. That was all it took, I started collecting. Finally the collection became too powerful, breaking the glass jar that I put them in. Also, what could possibly be a better baby gift than a collection of assorted silica packets? She was over-joyed! Really! She said she liked the baby book (Boynton's Red Hat Blue Hat: a Favorite of ours, no idea why except it is simple and silly) and the baby outfit.

The silica packets are interesting. Collecting is interesting. So many varieties, questions. Don't know if he'll buy a new curio cabinet for these but I hope he enjoys them. They are certainly more interesting than my neighbor's Lladros. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment