05 October 2008

REGISTER to VOTE! Today! Monday 6 October is the deadline!

in short: Register to Vote

Dear Readers,
Perhaps some Republican (I am so confused about the whacked out terms "liberal" and "conservative". I am conservative with money, clothes, my family structure, as is Obama and Biden and yet McCain/Palin don't seem to share any of those values with me. Cindy McCain's Rep.Party outfit cost $313, 100?! The Bush led $700Billion bail-out? All that seems "liberal".) leaning chums read this blog to get a different perspective or some clarity, as well as see what kind of messes we are making about our blue house, I don't know. The conversational tone is getting more respectful and I appreciate that. Although Palin is "vowing to take her gloves off"--as if she ever wore lady-like gloves, boxing gloves perhaps. Now she's going to use her nails! Yipes.

My friend Robin Ballard is a gear-spinner. She generate ideas and makes them happen. She doesn't get a lot of sleep. We are both looking forward to this election being over, so that we can (hopefully) sleep. She and I have been exchanging emails in between bouts of being awake, which is a bit different from not being asleep or insomnia. This is what she sent me this morning:

Hi H, This is what I was trying to say on the phone.... [my iPhone is giving me fits.]

I had this wild idea today as I was navigating the traffic around the Tabernacle today.... What if people, dressed very nicely, yet with obvious Obama swag festooned about their person, what if these people walked around after conference got out with clip boards for "mail-in voter registration forms" and informative fliers?

What if we had signs that said something like,
"Heavenly Father wants us to live in 'unity and enjoy peace in this life' (D&C 38:27)", or
"We believe in strong families"
"The Savior teaches - love one another, help one another,care for the earth, live in faith, not in fear"
"Vote your conscience"
"Remember when McCain smeared Romney for his Mormonism",
"I am Mormon, Mormonism is not a sect: I'm a Democrat, Democrats are not baby-killers",
"Recently converted Mormon Democrat",

[here's a long one....] "And thus, in their prosperous circumstances, they did not send away any who were naked, or that were hungry, or that were athirst, or that were sick, or that had not been nourished; and they did not set their hearts upon riches; therefore they were liberal to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, whether out of the church or in the church, having no respect to persons as to those who stood in need.
Alma 1:30"


What do you think?????"

I think all of that is good and true, but, I'm not going to do it on Sunday. Saturday I could have swung it. I will post it on my blog on Sunday though (that falls into the writing to friends and family category, ignoring the No Monitor on the Sabbath rule...seeing as it is Conference weekend, that rule is suspended anyway) and
ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO REGISTER TO VOTE!
Tomorrow is the deadline. 6 October 2008
HOW?!
Here is a link: voteforchange.com

Since McCain stole Obama's tag line about CHANGE this link works if you are registering for either party. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment