Wrote this in an email to MVL & thought I should save it:
J was completely surprised and the party was a chaotic smash. A smash. Wow. It was so much fun. I couldn't figure out how to get the kids, all different ages from one game to another so I just decided not to worry about it and put toys out. The cardboard blocks were out and the huge exercise balls and the trampoline and the costumes and the race tracks and the cotton candy machine and the pizza, watermelon, grapes and Cake and pinata and ...!
Just writing about it makes me hyperventilate, but yesterday it was actually pretty smooth -- not everything happened at once, or in the same space. (The surprise wasp nests moved the costumes inside, away from the "new" ClothesLine Theater. Boo hoo.) Everyone had fun, no one was hurt and then after we wrapped that fete up we got ready for round two and S had a bunch of friends over for cotton candy and music 'til midnight.
We missed some special cousins... but the cotton candy machine goes back tomorrow. I hope J has a great year and gets to play with new friends and even cousins -- even though some think we have germs, we like them... our germs. We like your germs too! I mean that in the best possible way!
No comments:
Post a Comment