23 August 2009

A is for Amazing Alpine Loop!


JUST REALIZED THAT I NEVER POSTED ABOUT THE MOST MAZING PART OF THE SUMMER! I RODE THE ALPINE LOOP WITH MY PAL ABL! FOUND THIS IN the DRAFT FILE OF MY EMAIL... DON'T KNOW WHY I DIDN'T SEND IT. THE BREATHLESS QUALITY IS FUN. I WAS ON A HIGH FOR WEEKS AFTER THE RIDE. I HAD NEVER EVEN DRIVEN THE LOOP. WE RODE ON THE 3RD OF JULY, the weather was perfect. Spin 3x/wk isn't enough or the same... I CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN!

Hi ABL!

To be read with a grin spreading across your face: I told a tricked out cycling pal that I rode the ALPINE LOOP! "You?! Rode?! the Alpine Loop?!" Yes, I did!!! and it was AWESOME! My friend ABL is so completely amazing!

Everyone I have told the broken brake story is amazed. 5 min earlier or later and you would have been seriously hurt, if not killed. Tender mercies. I've also heard some stories of bad spills, both of them on the DOWN hill -- tell I.

***--->How many tickets do we need for Oz tomorrow? I'll make sure I get the right amount first thing tomorrow, after spin.

I feel great by the way. Yes tired. Fasting didn't really happen. In the middle of Primary I raided the junk drawer in our car. Ate 2 melted granola bars ... grains, sugar & chocolate (yicky milk chocolate). Thanks for taking me! I had a GREAT time. I was feeling extra bad about how long it took and then I realized we stopped and then we also stopped and talked at different points, which was also great!

Onward!
We are about to leave on a picnic.
Love you,
H

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job Hailey! I have always wanted to ride the loop. That is not an easy ride.

    ReplyDelete